CASH MANAGEMENT AND ITS INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEMCourse Description / Objective :Register
- To promote proper control measures in handling cash
- To be able to learn and apply laws, rules and regulations surrounding the collections and disbursements of cash and its pertinent documents
- To learn the systems and preparation of reports
- To strengthen the knowledge on internal control system in cash management
GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT REFORM ACT (R.A. 9184) AND ITS REVISED IRR AND UPDATESCourse Description / Objective :Register
- To enable the participants to understand the R.A. 9184 and its IRR and updates;
- To ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations on procurement;
- To capacitate the participants in evaluating the outcome of the procurement process including compliance with laws, rules and regulations; and
- To ensure effective and efficient operations in their respective areas of responsibility.
BASIC INTERNAL CONTROL CONCEPTS AND INTERNAL AUDITING PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES (FOR NGAs, GOCCs/GFIs and SUCs ONLY)Course Description / Objective :Register
- The three-day seminar is designed to provide a complete overview of the internal control system of an organization;
- Participants in this seminar will understand the basic principles of internal auditing and its role in the internal control framework of the organization;
- Different internal audit environment, learn the principles of effective internal audits, achievable internal audit objective, and the internal auditing approaches and procedures;
- The seminar will provide insights on the internal audit process and the different internal audit tools and analytical procedures.
INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM FOR PROPERTY AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT (Appraisal and Disposal)Course Description / Objective :Register
- The participants must be able to understand the control measures in the appraisal and disposal of government properties;
- The participants must be able to learn the systems and procedures in the management of supplies and properties of the government;
- The participants must be able to apply the laws, rules and regulations in the handling, recording and inspecting of supplies and properties in government
THE PHILIPPINE BIDDING DOCUMENTS (participants must have attended RA-9184)Course Description / Objective :Register
- To gain knowledge on the procedures and practices on the preparation of bidding documents in accordance with the provisions of the IRR of 9184
- To understand the objectives, scope and results of the proposed contract, the eligibility requirements of bidders expected contract duration, estimated quantity and delivery schedule or time frames;
- To be able to apply learning on the preparation on bid documents
GUIDING PRINCIPLES ON THE MANAGEMENT OF GOVERNMENT FUNDS AND PROPERTIES (Laws, Rules and Regulations on Government ExpendituresCourse Description / Objective :Register
- To enable the Internal Auditors to fully understand the governing laws/rules pertinent to the various operating systems in their agency and comply effectively and efficiently with their function;
- To ensure uniformity in the recognizing of transactions;
- To enable the Auditors to know the laws, rules and regulations that govern the use of funds and to recommend measures for audit deficiencies.
TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR INTERNAL AUDITINGCourse Description / Objective :Register
- To understand and develop the audit plan, program and processes;
- To learn and apply the tools and techniques in internal auditing; and
- To learn and understand the standards in internal auditing
- Philippine Government Internal Auditing Manual (PGIAM)
- Philippine Internal Auditing Standards (PIAS)
- International Standards of Professional Practice in Internal Auditing (ISPPIA)
BASIC ACCOUNTING AND INTERNAL CONTROL FOR NON-ACCOUNTANTSCourse Description / Objective :Register
- To understand the basic principles of internal control system vis-à-vis basic accounting concepts for non-accountants;
- To provide the participants the basic knowledge of Accounting Principles and Assumptions;
- To provide the participants the knowledge on how to evaluate the Internal Control System of their respective agency;
- To be able to apply the learning in the preparation of simple bookkeeping and financial reports.
RISK MANAGEMENTCourse Description / Objective :Register
The Course on Risk Management covers the basic and advanced concepts related to risks, hazards, risk factors, risk treatment, including the relevant tools and techniques. It requires the participants to prepare and present the required matrices or tables and outputs to demonstrate learning.
At the end of the training/workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts and steps of risk management;
- Explain the importance of risk management to their respective agencies;
- Identify agency risks;
- Apply learnings on: risk assessment/ identification and risk treatment using a prescribed template; and
- Present outputs.